To access our services and treatments the patient is invited to check our Services CARD (GUIDE TO SERVICES) and to give us the following updated health records:
- already performed examinations and diagnostic tests
- previous medical records
- identification document (ID or Passport)
- health card / social security number
The therapeutic treatments performed in our Clinic are delivered only if accredited by the National Health System. Our clinic has agreements with the following entities:
- Syracuse hospital for emergency management nephropathic patient
- The Transplant Center at the University of Catania
You can also access the Center by contacting transport companies affiliated with the NHS.
DIALYSIS and TOURISM
The center welcomes clients who want to spend a short or long holiday in our area. In this case it is strongly recommended to check in advance the availability and send to us your full dialysis card by e-mail or fax. On the first day of your dialysis session you will be asked to show us your medical records, proof of identity and three medical prescriptions:
- nephrology visit
- number of planned dialysis
- Number of enforcement of hemodialysis treatment
Dialysis on Holiday
Aretusea dialysis’ aim is to allow Italians and foreigner patients with kidney disease to enjoy a holiday in Sicily, and particularly in the province of Syracuse. In our project we have involved...
Why do I need dialysis?
Dialysis helps you:
- Replace the purifying function of the kidney
- Keep under control the fluid balance and blood pressure
- Reduce phosphorus and other waste from the blood
What should I do?
- Do not skip any dialysis sessions
- Do not leave too soon the Department of Dialysis
What should I do?
- Ask your nephrologist to recommend a diet for you
- Program the diet in order to keep at home the right kind of food
- Give yourself some goodies from time to time, to help you better respect the diet
For deepenings it unloads our brochure